First NIHR Statistics Group meeting
In conjunction with NOCRI, The Department of Primary Care and Public Health at King’s College London hosted the first NIHR Statistics Group meeting on Monday 13 February 2012.
The aim of the meeting was to bring together statisticians funded across NIHR units. The meeting was attended by 90 representatives from six of the NIHR initiatives (CTU, RDS, BRU, BRC, CLAHRC, EMEC) who were located in 30 institutions across England and Scotland.
In the morning after an opening address by Mark Samuels (Managing Director of NOCRI) a series of talks took place by Martin Bland (University of York), Toby Prevost (KCL), Ian White (MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge), Deborah Ashby (Imperial College London), Risk Loans (Bristol-Myers Squibb) and Lucinda Bellingham (MRC Midland Hub, University of Birmingham). The afternoon allowed time for social networking and to plan for the future of NIHR Statistics Group.
1. Session Overview – First NIHR Statistics Group Meeting
2. Improving statistical quality in published research: the clinical experience – Martin Bland
3. Sample Size by design in complex intervention trials – Toby Prevost.pdf
4. Strategies for handling missing data in randomised trials – Ian White
5. NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure (NOCRI) – First NIHR Statistics Group Meeting