Imaging section: Statistical issues in evaluating an intervention to improve interpretation of CT colonography images
- Prof Steve Halligan (Radiologist, Centre for Medical Imaging, University College London)
- Dr Sue Mallett (Statistician, Biostatistics group, Institute of Applied Health Research)
Prof Halligan will provide an overview of the clinical challenges in this area, and Dr Mallett will introduce the statistical challenges.
The meeting will include small group discussion of statistical issues including:
- Development of a radiology training intervention for use in the bowel cancer screening programme
- Evaluation of the radiology training intervention in a cluster RCT
- Pros and cons of design and analysis of cluster RCT
- Sample size issues
A full program can be found accessed from dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kbmzpzb7b7zs4u/NIHR%20statistics%20imaging%20meeting%20Program%20July%2020th%202017.docx?dl=0)
Places are limited, so please register at your earliest convenience.
This event is free of charge. Attendees are welcome to join a networking over lunch before the meeting (lunch not provided). We will meet at 12:00 at the Public Health Building (Y17 on campus map) and walk 3 mins to University Staff House (Building R24 campus map), where participants can purchase or bring own lunch. The formal meeting will start at 13:00.
- Information on travel to Edgbaston campus is here .
- Nearest train station: University.
- The Public Health Building is 2 mins walk from the train station.
Campus map is here (see Yellow Zone Y17).